iPad Pro pencil

Thanks for the feedback. Christmas is certainly too close to implement such a feature, but we will keep it in mind when investigating next steps such as pencil support. Thanks!

1 Like

Personally, the text recognition is not a priority. The ability to simply hand write would be incredible step in the right direction as far as Agenda becoming a solid iPad companion.

This is the app the does the best job of simulating a journal/notebook/planner, and support for the pencil would bring it terribly closer and eliminate many of my personal needs for other apps! Hope I’m not the only one!

1 Like

Yes, we would like to support drawing/writing with the pencil for sure. The conversion to text is very much up in the air, because Apple don’t support it, and it would require large license fees to do it.

If you would add the option to write with Apple Pencil, that would make all other note apps for me absolete!

It’s usefull at meetings to have the option to write/doodle/mindmap with my apple pencil and than add soms typed text to it. That combination would make Agenda Notes unique and totally great! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your great work.

However, the ability to recognize handwriting would be a significant improvement. But I also understand that this is something which takes time to implement.
Maybe it is possible to start with some small features which increase the efficiency.
On the Mac, it is possible to use Keyboard-shortcuts which is a great way to speed up the handling.
On the iPad, there are no shortcuts which makes it sometimes a little bit tedious. Therefore, in my opinion, a first step could be to define some movements with the pencil instead of shortcuts.
For example, a circle creates a checkbox a number drawn with the apple pencil starts a numbered list, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, handwriting recognition is not only time consuming, but very difficult. Note that not even Apple support this.

There is a commercial offering, but it is quite expensive, so we have to think about whether we want to raise the price of the app just for that.

There are a few handwriting keyboards you can use already: Nebo and Marzec (I think).

In any case, some pencil support is certainly on the roadmap. We definitely want to be able to draw diagrams and add handwriting (without conversion to text).

Yes…yes…yes (from the scene in ‘When Harry met Sally’). Doodles and scribbles would be enough for 1st go around. Recognition could wait a few years. :wink:

I would love to beta test pencil support when it’s available. Please put me on your list.

First day user of the app - very happy with the Mac experience. I am also quite interested in pencil support on iPad. Once added will this be a Premium feature or available in the free version?

I use Notability for taking notes with my iPad Pro using the apple pencil but would love to be able to do the same with Agenda. Much easier to jot down notes when a call comes in. I also use One Note because it works on my iPad and syncs to my virtual desktop PC for work. One Note on the iPad has both text and pencil notes. To use it as my primary iPad note app I really need the ability to use my pencil on the iPad for Agenda. Hopefully soon!! Thanks

Are you able to provide any timing at all for basic drawing functionality so that I can have handwritten notes along with meetings? I feel the app is so close to being what I need (a real business journal that ties to my calendar). I am not interested in keeping parallel calendars (one with a journal and one with Outlook for example). If you had handwriting on the iPad with the Apple Pencil I would happily pay for it as a premium feature!!

Can you provide a very approximate date? If it’s in beta I would be very happy to try it and report back.

Thanks!

I’m afraid giving a date is very difficult. There are other projects we need to do first. It is certainly something that we plan to tackle this year, but can’t say more than that at this stage. Sorry.

GANZ GENAU - Pencil ein must für die Zukunft*

1 Like

Hey guys. I just started using Agenda and it’s by far the best looking and most intuitive of the lot. I too am in the camp that needs to take handwritten notes and adding it will mean this pretty much does everything I need it to on the iPad Pro.

Is there an ETA on when you’re adding Pencil support? Even without the recognition to start with. Until then I have to toggle between a few different apps.

Thank you.

1 Like

I agree completely and I’m afraid Agenda might get lost in the shuffle!!

Holly Norris

1 Like

No ETA, sorry. It’s a high priority, but there are one or two higher at the moment. I do expect to tackle this this year, but can’t say when exactly.

1 Like

Drew - wondering how much easier it would be for you, if any, to provide a Share sheet for a Text only ‘import’ to a new Note (not attachment) in Agenda… The user could define the ONE Project option (ie., Scratch Pad) in the Setting portion of the app for simplicity. Specifically in the case of Nebo (Pencil handwriting app) it already provides for export as plain text format to the Share options pop-up. As I understand, Agenda would then appear as an option in the Share app selections (to receive ONLY as text).

Yes, that is something we are investigating and planning.

1 Like

Great. Looking forward to it.

Hello there, I’m a new user of Agenda with an iPad Pro. I couldn’t really follow the whole thread here, but there still is no way to write with an Apple Pencil in Agenda, correct? The only source of input is still a keyboard - can you please confirm?