How can I stop auto conversion for tags?

What I did: I need to type something like “Book #1

What happened: the “#1” got converted into a tag

What I expected: I want it to not be a tag.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
macOS Catalina, Agenda 9.3.1

We support some markdown features, and the hash is used to indicate a tag.

Some options to avoid it:

• Use some other character. Eg. Book (1)
  • Use preformatted paragraph style or fixed width text style. eg. if you apply the fixed width style just to the hash symbol — before adding the 1 — it should all work

We would like to add true escaping of the special meaning in future, but we haven’t gotten to that yet.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! I just bought Agenda 2 days ago and I’ve been loving it. It’s on track to replace 3 other apps for me! I understand you guys are still a small team so I don’t mind waiting. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

That’s fantastic to hear, thank you so much for your support!

I have the problem when I use tags #book 1:1
It will break it into two parts #book 1 and :1Will not include in the tags

Tags can’t have punctuation or spaces at this point, except the hyphen and underscore. We have plans to make them more versatile. Stay tuned!

Update: Agenda 14 now supports periods and other punctuation inside tags and people tokens if you use the format #(some.tag.2.0), you can see it in action here

1 Like

And to address the OP’s question, also in Agenda 14:

Markdown formatting, conversion of text into a tag or person, as well as link shortening can now be prevented by typing a backslash preceding the text (e.g. \#fff)

The preceding backslash will disappear after you finish typing your word, or if you move your cursor elsewhere, thereby leaving you with a clean #fff that isn’t an Agenda tag.

1 Like