Disable re-writing of link text i.e Youtube and Wikipedia links

I use Agenda for text and notes, and one of my biggest issues i have with Agenda is that it dosen’t respect the text i’m trying to enter. I always find i’m going back to reformat and edit things that agenda does that i don’t want to to do, one such issues is when i paste a link text from certain websites such as YouTube or Wikipedia, the pasted text is changed to a formmated text friendly link. This breaks my flow of work when i go to copy a link from one note to another place it copys the formatted text without the link. I would perfere that agenda just keep the text that I entered which is what a text editor should do. For other links it keeps the link exactly as I entered.

What I did: Paste a link such as “Agenda + Reminders - YouTube

What happened: The link text is re-written to “YouTube video (jvMcgS1tnYI)”

What I expected: The link text to be "Agenda + Reminders - YouTube

Also small pet peve, when you past a Wikipedia link, Wikipedia appears as WikiPedia not sure why the P is capitalized.

Thanks for the feedback. We don’t have a way to prevent this at the moment, possibly in the future. Note that the original link is in fact preserved in its completeness and should be there when you copy and open a link. We’ll fix the Wikipedia capitalisation, good catch!

Thanks for this. I however want the short URL to show (For example: Finger drumming with BFD3 and the Lightpad Block - YouTube) but the (YouTube video (a4NmHv3lpW4)) link shows. I just wanted to add that I have older notes which have the short URL link but copy and pasting that very link defaults to the “re-written” version.

At the moment it’s not possible to turn this off I’m afraid.

Update: Agenda 14 now allows you to prevent shortening of links if you first type a backslash character (), you can see it in action here. Note also that by default Agenda 14 will now fetch the title of a link from the actual link, which should give much nicer YouTube links for example.