Could we get a really basic Apple Watch app?

Seems like looking at notes on a watch would be pretty limited. There is so little space there.

But how would you like that to work? That you can somehow go through your projects to find a particular note, to look at that? Or just some way to say “Put this note on my watch” from in the iPhone app?

Drew

I think it could work the same way for example how 1 Password works - you must select on your phone which items you want to have on your watch. This adds tags to the items on your phone and you can now see the items on your watch until you remove them again via your phone. This would enable for anyone to have the most important notes from Agenda on their watch, if they choose so.

1 Like

Hello,

I use Zoho’s Notebook application to take voice notes. Once in the iPhone, iPad or Mac application, it can be easily transcribed using the integrated system.

It’s very practical!

You can also use the checklists and see the notes.

1 Like

+1 Vote here. With the “Inbox” or somewhere to dump ideas.

I recently just bought an Apple watch and have been looking at a good app that syncs across all 3 platforms (Mac, iPhone, Watch). I like Agenda’s UI design for it’s functionalities and simplicities. I currently uses it for work. It would be nice to have the ability to make to do lists with reminders and the ability to check-off things on my watch.

1 Like

I’m still figuring out how to use Agenda, but it’s a great app I can see replacing 3 (!) other apps for me: task management, journal, and notes. From my use so far, I can see two reasonable use cases for the Apple Watch that wouldn’t be impractical:

1. Adding new journal entries: the Day One watch app allows adding entries by dictating, writing, or attaching a location. It doesn’t allow viewing or editing them afterwards, which is reasonable given the screen size. Agenda could implement this similarly, with basic UI for choosing a project (or maybe just send all notes to a special Watch overview in the iOS app for review?), and a way to link the note to a current calendar event or location.

2. Viewing lists of tasks: since better support of tasks, including overviews of unchecked items, is on the list, it would be nice to also be able to see such a list (e.g. all unchecked items on the agenda) on the watch, and be able to tick them off.

I think the above would provide two very clear-cut pieces of functionality that are perfect for the Apple Watch, without bloating it with stuff like a browser for all notes, editing, etc.

8 Likes

Good feedback. Thanks!

Id love to see a basic agenda watch app as well. A complication that allows access to your basic agenda or today views, and a simple button to hit for a quick addition of an item to either list with a voice input function.

The watch is a place to get quick acess to the things that matter in the moment now. I dont think having the ability to shuffle through projects is important, that work should be done on the phone. The beauty of agenda is the agenda view, and you should set yourself up on the other devices for whats accessible via the watch.

I love having a list on my watch when i am teaching or presenting. A short outline of points to make or things to cover. Being able to open an item on the agenda to see the notes within (an outline for instance) would be incredibly useful for me. The other half is being struck with inspiration in a moment and wanting to quickly jot the thought down without pulling out my phone. “Sushi icecream!” spoken and recorded, assigned to on the agenda or the today list.

The Things and Bear app are both great examples of a very successful watch app in my opinion. Streamlined, simple, access and input, but just with the Agenda workflow! Oooohh, it would be radical.

4 Likes

Can you really see enough on a watch face for it to be useful? I even find the iPhone screen a bit limiting to look at a long checklist. I could imagine a single note on the watch could go on forever.

I do see that it could be good for quick capture. We have plans to work on quick entry soon.

5 Likes

I think that the best use for an Agenda watch app would be for…

1. Lists - subsection/project that only sync to the Apple Watch. So you aren’t going to get full notes on the watch and as you have previously stated, could be scrolling forever. The lists project can just be shopping lists, todos, bullet point notes etc. Accessible from the Apple Watch in a bullet point, numbered or checklist format - this would be so helpful!
  2. Speech to text dictation note, which is then sent to the inbox for further development later on the iphone/iPad. Sometimes you just don’t have access to another device and this would be perfect. Apps such as bear, noted and some other todo apps offer something like this already.

Hope this feedback helps. I am loving Agenda on the iPad with keyboard support, my note taking has improved so much since I started using your app.

6 Likes

Something like Notes Watch interface populated with selected notes from Agenda and a quick dictate option would be sufficient.

It’s important it works standalone without phone.

+1 vote for lists and speech to tect dictation note!

4 Likes

The ability from Bear’s watch app to tick off checklists in synced notes looks useful.

2 Likes

Choose one saved search (could be Onthe Agenda) to sync to watch, display list of notes, click on list to view notes, Bear like ability to tick off checkbox items. Force push to dictate to append to note or create a note. Handle URLs by passing them off to the watch. If someone opens a long note on the watch, assume they know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

The same use

1 Like

In agenda for iPhone and iPad 1 button “+” in the lower right corner will be great!

1 Like

I’d love to have an Apple Watch app from Agenda. Several of the suggestions so far would be very useful. Take a look at what Drafts and Bear have…

1 Like

As someone who uses Agenda as the main productivity tool for work and personal use, I second the notion for a watch app. I use agenda to not only take notes but view reminders, upcoming events etc. For me, as the quintessential minimalist I want Agenda to be my go-to app for most of my organizing. I also am using my iPad more and more along with my watch instead of the phone. Having a watch complication allowing us to view upcoming events and dictate notes or to-dos would be immensely helpful.

I’d like an some watch app.
Only needed for taking a quick note. I use agenda for all my note taking, but if I’m stuck with only my watch, I either have to use voice memos or some other note taker like one note, and then remember to transfer it over. Which I never do.

The ability to see notes is less interesting to me, though I do understand the usefulness there. I would just hate the logistics of getting your pretty note format to fit on the watch screen to stop you from getting a simple note creator implemented.

Either dictated only, or with all text functions currently available on watch would be fine.

I’m thinking about the watch app more lately. Maybe I will take a shot at it in the not too distant future.

I see your desire to take a quick jot on the watch. The problem is more where that ends up. Without some ability to browse to a particular note, what should we do? Create a whole new note for each dictation you make? Sounds a bit nasty.

What I was thinking was having something like the on-the-agenda notes visible on the watch in some basic form, with some ability to append to them with dictation. You could then keep a “inbox” like note open if you like, and just keep adding to that.