Better User Guide?

Maybe an “Agenda for Dummies”? I think you need a better guide to using tags, due, people etc, especially in searching and integration with dates etc. I think there’s a lot of power there but I haven’t found it clearly explained in a way that allows me really use it.

I have the same problem with Slack, how do I get to use the power of the tool, maybe it’s just me!

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Have you taken a look in the How-To section of the this community? There is a page there for tags: Tags, People, Emoji's, Text Actions and Links

Hopefully that gets you on the way.

Kind regards,
Drew

Yes, it’s a start, but for example…

“ There are a few tags reserved for special uses. For example, if you enter #star

So what are the other tags reserved for special uses? This is where I start to wonder what I don’t know that I don’t know :slight_smile:

1 Like

The other tag reserved for special use is the #due tag, the same page contains the examples I believe.

So a few more questions about the due tag - what exactly are the acceptable date formats? Can I due(November) for example?

And searching for due tags, is it an exact match or can I search due(2020) to find everything due next year? How do I find everything due in November this year?

I can’t find this information in the How To (unless I missed it).

Thanks!

So a few more questions about the due tag - what exactly are the acceptable date formats? Can I due(November) for example?

It can recognize a wide variety of formats, I don’t think it supports just the month, but it does due(1 November) for example. It’s easy to see when it recognizes the date as the date will be converted into an absolute date under those conditions.

And searching for due tags, is it an exact match or can I search due(2020) to find everything due next year? How do I find everything due in November this year?

No, similar as above it works in that it gets converted (if recognized) to an absolute date. After that the query will find everything that is due at that stage (i.e. any due date identical or earlier than the one you give it). I.e. if you say due(tomorrow) it will include all things due tomorrow, which includes everything that was due for today.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a big help.

1 Like