API for working with App

Do you have API for creating some plugins, for example, create the export from Kindle notes

2 Likes

Not at this point, we have some ideas in this direction for the future.

If you have a MacBook, you can use an app called Klib (available in the app store). Klib allows you to access your Kindle notes via your Amazon account and export these in Markdown, You can then import into Agenda. Not as good as an API but much better than doing this manually.
Matt

I just want to put myself down as a +1 for an API. I’m not too fussed about migrating data from other apps, but I have a long list of things that I would LOVE to be able to do with this app using Shortcuts. An API would be the most robust way of providing for that.

1 Like

+1 from me too for an api of some description. URL scheme, REST, AppleScript, not bothered, just anything.

This is the officially supported API:

Is there a thread for questions about using the API? Admins, please feel free to move this question.

The doc on the API looks pretty clear, but it seems to missing the outer wrapper, the context in which these URL commands are sent.

I tried simply pasting “agenda://x-callback-url/today” into my Chrome browser. I got a popup asking for permission to open the Agenda app. When I gave permission, my already open Agenda app changed to the Today page.

That’s great, the API works as advertised, but it defeats the purpose of automation if I have to give manual permission to every URL.

I would like to be able to create shell scripts or generate URLs in Excel and have them do what I want in my Agenda.

How do I globally give permission, in Chrome, in BSH, in Excel, so that manual intervention is not required?

Thanks

??? Was there an answer??

Do you mean to my question of how to avoid manual intervention?

Not yet. Nor has there been any answer about the context of sending commands.

Could they be sent via cURL?
Is there a way of passing a login token as a parameter to the URL to avoid having to give permission to open the app?

I have not experimented with multiple commands or with cURL because, with no answer here, I got focussed on another project.

Maybe if you ask in a new thread that isn’t 2 years old you might have better luck than I have.

You are right, the x-callback-url are usually called from a higher level and not directly from the browser. For example, on iOS you can use them from the Shortcuts app, in the Shortcuts section of the community you can find a number of downloadable Shortcuts that can show you how to do this.

Other ways you are use them is through AppleScript, shell scripts, Automator actions or other 3rd party apps that implement the x-callback-url type callbacks like Drafts, Instapaper etc. See for more usage examples: http://x-callback-url.com

Thanks for getting back to me.

Are you saying that verification is only required if you use them directly from a browser’s address bar?

Are you saying that there is no verifcation needed if I use an agenda://x-callback-url/… URL in an iOS shortcut, in AppleScript, in an Automator action, or even from a Terminal Shell Script invoked by MacOS chrontab?

Just checking. If so, COOL! I’ll have to try it. (Unfortunately, probably not this week…)

Yes, that’s correct, only in the browser this verification is necessary.

Thanks mekentosj (Alexander?).

That makes things much simpler.

August