Wishlist items

Wishlist items and bugs in no particular order below. I know some have been noted before, but adding my votes. Although I have the iOS version as well, the following is all based on the macOS version.

1 - Indicator to show that a category has items in it after clicking Hide. The lack of indicator violates the “If the user can’t see it, it’s not there” principle. The user must mouse over a category that has been hidden for Show to appear. It seems trivial, but it’s a basic UX issue.

2 - As a follow on to 1, an indicator to tell you a category may be collapsed.

3 - Subprojects or some other means of multi-level hierarchy. Lack of this is close to a dealbreaker for me.

4 - Indicator to let you know that you can collapse a note. Stumbled upon it by an accidental double click. Another basic UX issue. There is a “…” indicator to tell the user is can be expanded.

5 - Unable to create a tag from “1:1”. Agenda will turn only the “1” into a tag.

6 - Unable to create a tag from an emoji. 2Do allows for this and I use the :triangular_flag_on_post:emoji as a tag in it, which populates a smartlist.

7 - Support for tables in notes.

8 - Support for inline images in notes.

9 - When right clicking on a saved search, it gives you the option to delete Overview. It should use the name of the saved search you are attemping to delete.

Nice app. Looking forward to seeing it mature.

Thanks for the feedback, most of these have been mentioned in other posts, also see The features we are working on right now… and The issues we are fixing right now…. We’ll take note of the items that haven’t been mentioned yet and will do our best to see if they can be addressed.

Regarding the first item, note that this is the default behaviour of sourcelists as provided by Apple, the Finder works in the exact same way.

Following up on the first item, just because it’s Apple’s default doesn’t make it intuitive. :slight_smile:

For one option, take a look at Bear, which has a turn down arrow indicator for expanding and collapsing. Alternatively, see List view in the Finder. It has turn down arrows to the right of folders.