View appointment in Calendar.app

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to Pro to get all of the great reminders features so I’ve fully immersed Agenda into my workflow.

I’ve noticed the only option for viewing an appointment in the calendar is via BusyCal, but I don’t use that app. Can we get a feature to view an appointment in the standard Calendar app please?

Sounds like you have used Busycal in the past and it’s still the default app on your system, try changing the default app back to Calendar in the Calendar.app preferences.

1 Like

Ok. Default Calendar app was Calendar.app, but changed it to Fantastical and then back to Calendar and this now offers the option to Open in Calendar instead of BusyCal.

However, while clicking the link does open up Calendar, the relevant appointment is not opened of activated. Is this how it should work?

1 Like

It should yes, is this true for all events? Maybe a reboot of your Mac can help in this case.

This is what I think is happening…

For items that are in an Exchange calendar the correct date is selected in the Calendar app, but the appointment is not selected. For items that are in the iOS calendar the item is selected in the Calendar.app but not opened.

This is on MacOS 10.14.5 btw.

On my iPad, I notice the context menu offers only to ‘open calendar app on the day of this event’

For items that are in an Exchange calendar the correct date is selected in the Calendar app, but the appointment is not selected. For items that are in the iOS calendar the item is selected in the Calendar.app but not opened.

That makes sense, Exchange calendar items don’t have a stable identifier that we can use to pinpoint the right event therefore it only goes to the day. For iCloud events they can be selected. In general with what APIs Apple offers we can’t “open” the calendar items, we can only select them.

And since this uses AppleScript, which is not available on iOS, on the latter we can only open the calendar on the right day alas.

1 Like