URL Scheme with Link to Event or Time

I posted this in the Automation how-to thread, but I think it got buried, so reposting in Support:

Is there a way to link a note to a calendar event when creating a note with a URL? I’d love to build a Shortcut that creates a note for each event on the calendar for the day.

Alternatively, can the URL scheme set a time along with the date? That would do it for me.

Thanks!

ScottyJ

You can’t do that yet, no, but it is a good idea. We’ll take it on board and try to include it as we build out the x-callback support.

2 Likes

Cool! I didn’t think so, but I’ve missed nuances before.

For now, I have a Shortcut that generates an On The Agenda note for each calendar meeting, then I link each and drag them to the right project inside Agenda. Lovely what you’ve got us able to do!

Thanks,

ScottyJ

1 Like

It doesn’t look like this ever got picked up. I too have Agenda firmly embedded in my workflow and having borrowed a few of ScottyJ’s shortcuts I was very disappointed to see they didn’t link to the calendar event or show at the right time. Can you please extend the scheme with some method to assign a time and/or to link to a calendar event (I’m not clear how these would be uniquely identified in shortcuts though).

1 Like

Date and time wouldn’t be too hard, but linking the event is indeed a big question as I’m not sure how this is passed on. We’ll need to investigate that first.

Great - Thanks - Time would be a good start as at least the meetings would be in the right order. I can’t figure out how you link to events either