Two (selected) notes - but only one note ends in the trash bin

Hello,

I selected two (or more) notes.

It is possible to drag (by mouse) the selected notes up or down to a new position in the list of notes.
But when I select „Move to trash“ from the right-click menu only one note ends in the trash.
I expected that both notes will be moved to the trash.

Another thing: I miss „Pin to top“ and „Make into Footnote“ in the right-click menu. Only available in the menu „Note“ or by keyboard.

Greeting,
Claus

The contextual menu, just like the gear and dot menu work only on the note you invoke the menu on, this is by design. Instead just use the main menu command or the keyboard shortcut cmd-option-backspace to delete multiple selected notes, or drag them to the trash.

Another thing: I miss „Pin to top“ and „Make into Footnote“ in the right-click menu. Only available in the menu „Note“ or by keyboard.

These options should be available if you right-click in the text area of the note. We’ll see if it can also show this menu in the other areas of the note.

Ah, ok.

In my opionion it is not consequent (several notes selected, only one goes to the trash when using the pulldown menu). Choosing „Copy“ from the same menu copies all selected notes (but there is no „Paste"!). The gear menu is different, correct. This is connected and to only this note (and visually located at the top of the note). …

For me the way how to handle a note became too „complicated". Several „hidden“ areas where a function is available, a few pixel besides the same function is not availbale anymore. Doubleclick "here“ collapses/expands it, a doubleclick few pixels further (close to the title, even if there is no text) selects a word of the title. Or nothing happenn. Not clear why e.g. „Make to footnote“ works only when in the texture …

It’s not so mystical as you think, it’s simply, are you in the text (body) area of the note or not. But we’ll see if it can be improved.

Update: The behaviour of the menus should be much improved in the upcoming 11.1 update to address the issues you reported.

Seems to be fixed! Takk!

1 Like