The Use of the Background Colors

I love the idea of using coloured notes like this, thanks folks!

At the moment I use a different colour for just three types of note, which all “live” at the top of On the Agenda:

• Quarterly Goals
  • This Week Plan
  • Today’s Plan

This helps me spot them when scrolling up and down, but I’m definitely inspired to develop my use of colours now!

To support this approach it would be really helpful if colours could be renamed. Eg rename “Green” to “Todos” or to “Green (to do)”.

That way much easier to remember one’s mapping and keep it consistent.

1 Like

Thank you for your remarks, @stevew, and @trebso! I think anyone can create a series of connections between colors and actions, suiting his/her workflow. I think it is an essential feature to develop further because, in my view and experience, Colors are much more readable than texts because they are images (I mean, a colored surface is an Image). Our brain catches them faster than written notes, which are symbolic communication systems that the brain has to decipher. So connecting a color with a specific meaning improves communication making the workflow through the notes more fluid. In Agenda, notes are organized in a chronological order inside the projects, which is the main axis along with developing the flux of our work experience. Inside it colors representing a meaning or a type of event can immediately define the context of an action/event.

1 Like

It sounds like a good suggestion, offering a chance to rename colors according to our workflow in the selection menu.

1 Like

I can see the rationale but am afraid that it’s something we’d be hesitant to do because it would add a layer of complexity, i.e. you turn colors into “status”. The next thing you’d then want is to filter notes on status, etc.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Coloring wrong notes

I understand, it makes sense indeed.

I understand your hesitancy in terms of your workload and perhaps internal complexity, but I don’t see why naming colours and using them as statuses should be a problem for the user. It seems a natural evolution to me, and would address the request that has often been made to allow “tags” in the title.

I’d love to be able to filter on say Green and see all my notes on say vision & strategy!

1 Like

Never thought I needed coloured notes.
But it turns out I do!
Same goes for highlighting and colouring text.

2 Likes

You could add a tag, hash tag green etc. The problem with named colors is that it allows us to use custom colors so how would those be handled with filtering?

Yes, but then it’s two actions required, eg:

1. Add tag #green
  2. Change note colour to green

The chance of me forgetting to do both and ending up with a mess is high!

@mekentosj Here’s a simple feature suggestion. Type backslash and a color name (ie \green) to colorize the note. Then @trebso would just have one action (essentially) \green # green

2 Likes

Thanks, for the suggestion, we’ll think about adding that indeed.

1 Like

Thanks! I noticed you added the colorful background to the “table of Content."

1 Like

Added that the afternoon after our coffee :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice! :blush:

1 Like

Not seeing this yet. My AppStore has 15.0.1 from 2 weeks ago!

I think @mekentosj meant he had put it in our development (beta) version, and it will be in the next release. We are beta testing Agenda 16 now. Hopefully out in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Indeed, it will be part of Agenda 16

1 Like

Thank you!!! Love it. It’s super useful.