The new Reminders feature

I am a longtime user of the macOS and iOS app GoodTask 3, which like the new Agenda Reminders feature, uses the Reminders app as it’s engine. It’s a feature rich app which uses the Note field in Reminders to store (hidden) information needed to support it’s features.

Is there a potential for conflict between the new Agenda Reminders feature and GoodTask 3?

Not trying to be a wise guy but just thought I would check.

I think it’s going to be quite the opposite, Agenda and GoodTask will work better together! Since both use the same Reminders framework, I assume that the best use case will be create the reminder on Agenda and manage it on GoodTask.

From a more technical perspective, no we don’t believe Agenda should interfere with the information that GoodTask inserts in the notes field.

Thanks for the reply, and have a good day.

Sorry if you’ve answered this, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere: is there a reason that you decided (or were not able to) have the markdown text for the Agenda note and a callback link to the Agenda note in the notes field of the reminder in the Reminders app or the option to do so?

is there a reason that you decided (or were not able to) have the markdown text for the Agenda note and a callback link to the Agenda note in the notes field of the reminder in the Reminders app or the option to do so?

Just to be clear, we do insert an Agenda link into the notes field of calendar events (and will also for reminders), this so it’s easy to go from Calendar/Reminders to Agenda. We choose the notes field as events and reminders only support a single URL, which means that we would other wise override the URL you might already have.

Also, we do not insert the markdown text for the Agenda note into the notes field of the calendar event (and also won’t for reminders), this is because these events and reminders might be shared with other people, and as such it would become very easy to unintentionally share your notes with other people. Imagine your boss reading your comments on the meeting about your salary expectations…

1 Like

Exactly what I was wondering. Thank you!

1 Like

Can I assume that if I do not link GoodTask reminders to Agenda notes, and do not create reminders from within Agenda, I might be ok?

Or, should I not deal with reminders at all from the Agenda app? Is this the best bet?

I plan to crudely backup all my GoodTask tasks and their settings before upgrading to the Agenda app version that that brings in the Reminder features.

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate your input and your thoughts on my questions will be appreciated.

Peace.

I’ll have a look at what GoodTask does exactly but I don’t think there should be a reason why Agenda should influence GoodTask and vice versa.

A quick follow up after having a play with GoodTask, indeed the two should not bite each other.

3 Likes

My main work calendar is an MS O365 calendar. I do have it added to my Mac/iOS calendar apps, however Agenda doesn’t put a link into the calendar for my linked notes. Should it? I don’t see Agenda links in the calendar app at all for the O365 account, I do see them for my personal Google calendar.

Thanks

Are the O365 calendar events shared with other users? Are you able to create new events from within Agenda for this O365 calendar?

Thanks again for your efforts & time on this, it is appreciated. Have a good day.

1 Like

What about 2Do ? Would it work with Agenda as well ?

If I’m not mistaken 2Do, like Agenda will do, interacts with the system reminders store, so yes, the two should work together indeed.