Tags, People, Emoji's, Text Actions and Links

Pagico uses a tag format of @tagname.subtagname so you can find and sort by tagname and by subtagname just by inserting a period between subtagnames. This provides a hierarchical way to manage your tag names and view your projects. Just add a way to collapse the subtagnames into the parent tag name and you will have a hierarchical way to manage your limited visual real estate.

@kimheathman I use the same #tag.subtag structure in other apps and agree that it is powerful. As @Pat_Maddox mentions above, a close approximation in Agenda is the #tag(subtag) format. Itā€™s not a perfect replacement, but you can at least do a search for #tag and see all of the subtag items together.

See: Tags, People, Emoji's, Text Actions and Links - #110 by Pat_Maddox

A post was merged into an existing topic: Polish - Polski

How do you change the width of a column in a table?

1 Like

This isnā€™t yet possible, youā€™ll find more discussion on it here:

Thanks.

+1, it would be wonderful to have a list of tags

3 Likes

You read our minds. Should be in one of the major updates this year. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Hi guys! Could you please give us an update concerning tag (#, @) autocompletion and an estimated timeline? Making mistakes here leads to frustrating search attemptsā€¦

We commented on it yesterday, see here Autocomplete of tags - #50

2 Likes

Hi there,

Reading the instructions it should be possible to use symbols in tags, but what symbols are prohibited? For instance the $ cannot be used, but I canā€™t find out if this is expected behavior or a bug.

Thanks.

At the moment indeed currently you can only use standard letter and number characters plus underscores and dashes. In the next update weā€™ll bring major improvements to tags which also allows a way to have any symbol in a tag that you want, including spaces and dollar signs.

4 Likes

Iā€™m surprised a Tag Browser and Tag Completion function hasnā€™t been implemented given how much Tag is touted as one of the main organising tool.

You will be surprised no moreā€¦working on it now.

4 Likes

Hi all, donā€™t know if I missed something, in which case I apologizeā€¦ I was thinking it could be helpful, in version 14, to add also a People browser like the one that was added for Tags.
Do you see it possible?

A people browser is next on the list indeed, stay tuned!

2 Likes

Note that the due tag is just an example of a type of tag you can create with dates as values. The keyword is up to you, can also be say deadline(2 days) .

Iā€™ve been trying this feature and unfortunately it doesnā€™t work with tags other than ā€˜dueā€™ for me. For example "WAITING(28 April 2022)ā€ doesnā€™t work for me. When I change the tag to ā€˜dueā€™ it works fine

You should be able to search on all waiting tags and/or all waiting tags marked with 28 April. The due tag is indeed unique in that it will search for all tags up to and including for example 28 April.

Great. Thanks. It wasnā€™t obvious to me from the article that ā€œup toā€ only worked with the due tag, but now understood.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Deleting tags