Tags, People, Emoji's, Text Actions and Links

I don’t know that I can tag with date parameters. That’s such a fantastic idea and makes it easier for me to use it as a to-do app.
Now I hope for a tag browser, because I’m sure that I have variations of tags for the same topic, which means I may have missed out on some notes when searching by tags.

That’s indeed one of the next major features we’ll focus on, see The features we are working on right now…

1 Like

Hi. Noticed same tag has different colors when I searched for that tag? What’s the significant of different colors for tags? Can we assign colors to tags?

That’s probably just the highlight color to highlight a search hit, at the moment it isn’t possible to change the color of a tag, something we might allow for down the road.

Hi. Is there a way to list all tags? For example, how do I list all 10 different tags used?

Not yet. We do hope to have autocomplete of tags, as well as a tag browser like you describe, in future. It’s in the roadmap.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: More search options

How to do a wild card search to show all tags? “#*” doesn’t work. Need to find all tags assigned.

There aren’t any wildcard searches at the moment, I’m afraid. It will just match the beginning of the term, so you would need to add a few letters.

Drew

+1 tags and people in title!

It’s kinda tricky. The title area is a completely different type of text entry area.

My suggestion would be to just put those tags/people on the first line of the note.

Hi Drew, tanks for responding. I am used to collapse my items. Then I only see the titles. The titles are already a lot alike (Email from …; telephone conversation with …) Therefore I am not concerned with the people (@) but with the tags. I only see a tag in the note itself when it opens. And it is useful for the overview if I do not have to mention the subject separately in the title, but can place a tag.
By the way: I am very happy with Agenda. I use it as a CRM and that works great.

Greetings,

Fred

1 Like

I see. Thanks for explaining. We have some ideas which may help with this down the track.

1 Like

Hi Fred

So do I sort of, but could be slicker. Would love to learn how you use Agenda as CRM!

Please consider Agenda’s (awesome) tag values when you do this. As an example, I have tags like #goal(current) #goal(done) #goal(someday) and it would be awesome if there was some way to browse the different values. Perhaps like sub-tags, so that when I see #goal in the tags list, I can expand it to see the different values it has?

1 Like

We’ll keep it in mind when we get to the tag browser. Sounds like a useful approach, indeed.

1 Like

Where is this “tag browser from the keyboard” located on the iPad? I do not see anything that lists the tags I have created. Am I missing something or am I misunderstanding? BTW, I do have a premium subscription if that makes a difference.

The tag browser in the iOS keyboard was something in earlier versions of Agenda. It wasn’t working very well because there was no way to filter it. We plan to add a proper tag browser and autocompletion of Tags in a future update.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I am very much looking forward to the tag browser and any other improvements to the tagging system that may be offered. The limits of the current tagging system is the area I am struggling with most in Agenda.

2 Likes

+1 for a way to see the list of tags.

Or support for wildcard searches. Right now, I try to remember to create a Saved Search for each tag, but if things get busy, I often put that off and don’t get back to it.

1 Like