Tags, People, Emoji's, Text Actions and Links

I think also that the integration of macOS tags would be very useful. My tag structure on macOS and Agenda.app are mostly the same.

1 Like

@drewmccormack @support This would be a dream come true! Any updates?

1 Like

We just introduced this in the last update. It will not show just the matching line, but it will match any note that has a paragraph with that due date.

So…first put a #due tag in your note, with some date (eg #due(7 days)). Now simply Search All for something like #due(tomorrow), and save the search. When you save the search, it will ask if you want to keep the dates relative. You should do that, so the due date moves (eg tomorrow is always tomorrow).

Kind regards,
Drew

Hello @drewmccormack, thank you for your prompt response. Does this update allow the due date tags to create a calendar event? That is what we were hoping to achieve.

Thank you!

No, due date tags are unrelated to calendar events I’m afraid.

A post was split to a new topic: Custom list style

Is there a technical or UX justification for not permitting spaces, commas, or periods in tags? For example, as I write notes related to software releases it would be convenient for me to tag notes with a semver string (i.e., “1.0.4”), but Agenda doesn’t let me do that.

The reason is that we want to prevent that we accidentally recognise tags as such while it wasn’t meant to be, for example, in the following sentence:
Some things to do #priority for next week's meeting in london

Is the tag we should parse: #priority, or should it be #priority for next week's meeting, or perhaps #priority for next week's meeting in london?

We decided to keep it simple and restrict tags to single words only at the moment. Having said that, we do plan in a future update to offer more options in this area. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

Makes sense, thanks for the response. Looking forward to see what you guys roll out in this area.

1 Like

In the meantime you might want to try replacing the dots with underscores - #1_1_1 might not look quite the way you’d like, but it does get the job done :blush:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Using the hash character without creating a tag

I couldn’t manage linking one note to another note. There is no “Link to” section.

You can do this by copying a note as an Agenda link, then pasting that link in the other note.

I really like this searching on due dates. Is it possible to do something like #due(this week)? I was unable to achieve this.

Also, I would really to have auto completion on tags and people. Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. I know the browser/list for tags has been mentioned.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Parsing people in between parentheses

A post was split to a new topic: Local share button

Autocompletion is certainly on our roadmap for tags.

The due searching is for a specific date, not a range of dates. It’s worth also remembering that once something becomes #due, it remains that way. Something #due yesterday is also due today, so you would have to remove the tag to make it ‘undue’.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Colored tags

This instruction seems to be for Mac OS only. On iOS, there is no Notes menu. How do you create tags in iOS? How do you list all the existing tags?

How do you create tags in iOS?

You can create tags either by typing (start with a hash symbol followed by the tag, e.g. #mytag) or you can use the bar above the keyboard, it has a tags mode.

How do you list all the existing tags?

At the moment on iOS the keyboard bar shows them all, but we plan on introducing a dedicated tag browser on both macOS and iOS.

2 Likes