Tags, People, Emoji's, Text Actions and Links

Any chance we’ll be able to add tags and people in the title of notes? Thanks!

2 Likes

I think it would be tricky, because that part of the note uses a completely different text presentation technology. We will think about it. Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

What should I do if I need to include a literal “@” in the text of a note. For instance, I’m attempting to record a command line that I use to perform a specific task at work, and the command includes an actual “@” as part of the command. Currently, it’s trying to turn the rest of the command up to the next space into a person, which of course isn’t my intention. Also, how would we use literal hash symbols (#) as well?

Especially for things like commands, code, etc you would probably want to format either the text as fixed width or the paragraph as preformatted. If you do so Agenda won’t parse any @ signs in your text, same with tags and the # sign.

3 Likes

I hope I can change the order of items in the Bullet/Numbered List. Copy & Paste breaks the style of List now.

2 Likes

iOS has some sort of tag browser from the keyboard. Anything like this on Mac?

1 Like

Not yet, we hope to bring a real tag editor/browser in a future update.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to know this is coming … I am brand new to the Agenda Universe, but so far really liking what I see…

3 Likes

Great app with nice design but i have to say that i was pretty dissapointed with the tag support.

Changing tag color seems trivial but it allows to easily identify the tags you’re looking for.
i.e I want to have a tag called ‘in progress’ and be able to easily find it when looking into my projects.

Also regarding checked lists. Not sure if i missed it but is it possible to change it order by drag and drop or some other way? i.e i’d like to more the 10th item on top of the list

1 Like

Changing tag color seems trivial but it allows to easily identify the tags you’re looking for.
i.e I want to have a tag called ‘in progress’ and be able to easily find it when looking into my projects.

More powerful tagging options, as well as a tag editor/browser is indeed on our wish list too.

Also regarding checked lists. Not sure if i missed it but is it possible to change it order by drag and drop or some other way? i.e i’d like to more the 10th item on top of the list.

Same here, more list manipulation issues are among The features we are working on right now…

2 Likes

That is a really good suggestion.

Hi, any chance to add a feature by which the items “checked” within a checklist would automatically migrate to top/bottom (at user’s choice) of the list?

2 Likes

This is a popular request, among the The features we are working on right now…

Thanks for that. As I said, I can’t use the Control with the trackpad because it invokes the right lick menu and I don’t know how to change that … my reading so far tells me I can’t.

So do you know if there is another way to get a link in? I tried creating an alias and dragging it in but that didn’t work.

Thanks again.

Someone in another thread just said the secret was to start the drag and then hold the Control key, which works. You could maybe write that somewhere.

All good now. Deb

1 Like

In addition to a tag-browser, I would really like to see tag auto-complete. It is difficult to remember the exact phrasing I used for a tag a while ago, but auto-completing (and allowing me to select between matching alternatives) would help a lot.

Cheers, Niklas

7 Likes

I’m not seeing this option when I search on a date either when creating the search or when saving it. (I have premium features)

It doesn’t work with dates in the search string (eg #due(today)) unfortunately, but it should work with dates you set in the calendar filter to the left of the search field. These are the dates that relate to the notes themselves. If you have one set, you should see an option to make the dates move in time.

I think also that the integration of macOS tags would be very useful. My tag structure on macOS and Agenda.app are mostly the same.

1 Like

@drewmccormack @support This would be a dream come true! Any updates?

1 Like