Tags for quick access and shortcut for tags

Could you please make it possible to create a tag with a keyboard shortcut? Would be great.
Second, at the left and right column of Agenda (Projects and Calendar/Recently/Related) would be enough space for showing the most used tags for quick access to all notes with the tag. Could you do this please?

1 Like

Could you please make it possible to create a tag with a keyboard shortcut? Would be great.

Simply start with a # simple, followed by your tag, that’s all that’s needed, i.e. #sometag. Same thing with typing an @ for people, i.e. @tom

Second, at the left and right column of Agenda (Projects and Calendar/Recently/Related) would be enough space for showing the most used tags for quick access to all notes with the tag. Could you do this please?

We have plans for a tag browser, though probably wouldn’t make it something that is shown in the sidebars, we take a less tag-centered approach than some other apps.

1 Like

Great. The trick with # is just what I needed. Quick and painless.
Tag browser would be interesting. Thanks alot!!

Beste Grüße,
Yours,
Bastian Wimmer

1 Like

A tag browser would definitely be useful or an opt-in setting to view your tags on the sidebar.

2 Likes

Apologies, but I don’t understand what you mean here… Are you suggesting that there is some sort of ‘auto-complete’ for tags? Or a pop-up menu of different tags containing the letters typed? Because this is not what I’m seeing. There is no autocomplete, right? I have to type out the full tag name every time. This is rather a pain. Could we not access the tag list by simply right-clicking, and then just select the desired tag to add it?

Please let me know if there’s a preference / setting I need to switch on somewhere to get my tags to autocomplete — thanks.

That is correct. There is no autocomplete. As for now, the whole tag needs to be typed out. I wish I remembered the thread that someone created a good work around for how he quickly finds them and inserts them. If I find it, I’ll post a link to that thread.

I did find it, but it isn’t for quick entry. It still may be of interest to you I’ll post the link below.

https://agenda.community/t/tag-browser-for-mac/30319

Thanks for the clarification.
So from my perspective, at the moment — without a way to quickly add, select and view tags —Agenda doesn’t really support tagging.
Never mind. I will do without tags for now and hope that this deficiency will be addressed in some future update.
Thanks for your help.