Sync between dropbox dones't sync all projects

What I did:
I have nine projects in my Agenda App on Mac and all nine projects present in dropbox folder. When I enable dropbox on my iOS device sync, only one of projects gets synced on phone.

What happened:

What I expected:
All projects should be synced between devices.
The sync issue really drives me crazy

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Usually, this is simply a case of giving the device enough time to upload/download the data. You could hold Agenda in the foreground for a while, just stopping your device from going to sleep, to give it time. If you don’t want to to have to constantly keep the device from “sleeping”, you can turn off the Autolock in the Settings.

Repeat this on each device, letting it sync for around 20 minutes. Usually that will allow everything to upload and download, and it will be fast after that.

Note that you can see if it is syncing by looking for the cloud icon at the bottom of the right panel. It appears when there is sync activity.

If that doesn’t help, here is what I recommend:

• Turn off the sync in Agenda on each device.
  • It will ask if you want to remove the cloud data. Do that. Remove the cloud data.
  • Wait 10 minutes
  • Now turn on the sync for one of the devices, and let it finish uploading. The cloud will flash in the right panel, or on the window, until it is done. Can take a bit of time, so you might want to disable sleep or autolock
  • Once it is finished, turn on sync for another device, and again wait until finished
  • Repeat for last device.

Kind regards,
Drew

Same thing has happened to me. Allthough i have tried your tricks with removing cloud data on all devices and waiting a long time, but i still have problems with the sync unfortunately. It does sync, but not all projects, and i notice that some of the projects aren’t in the latest form (f. e. i’ve changed the name on a project and now the old name is showing).

Any ideas?

Have you tried leaving Agenda running on each device for a while? Eg 30 minutes without sleep?

Do you see the cloud flashing? That means that it is still busy syncing. The first sync after clearing the cloud data can take a while.

yes and yes… dont know what to try now

I have a slightly different problem with the synchronization through dropbox. The content is synchronized efficiently but the "check list icons » are not synchronized (they may be checked on one computer and not on the other).

That sounds like it is probably not quite caught up. Best to let the devices run Agenda in the foreground for a few minutes, to catch up. Note that there are bugs in the flashing cloud, which may mean it is not there even when it is syncing. We will fix those.

If you haven’t tried already, you can turn off the sync, and remove the cloud data. Do that on each device. If you have a Mac, look in Dropbox > Apps > Agenda and make sure the data disappeared there.

Once you have done that, turn on the sync on one device, wait 10 minutes for upload, then try the other device.

If that also doesn’t work, here is a more extreme fix that seems to work if there is some data corruption:

1. Turn off sync in Agenda on each device, removing the cloud data each time
  2. To also remove the cloud data in iCloud, turn on iCloud sync for a few seconds on the Mac, and then turn it off again, and remove the cloud data
  3. Delete the app on your iOS devices (assuming your Mac has all the data)
  4. Quit the Mac app
  5. Click on Finder, and choose Go > Go to Folder
  6. Enter this ~/Library/Group Containers/WRBK2Z2EG7.group.com.momenta.agenda.macos/Release/Application (There is one space after Group, but no other spaces)
  7. You should see folders DerivedInfo, PersistentInfo etc
  8. Drag the DerivedInfo to the Trash
  9. Go into PersistentInfo, and drag the three files beginning with ChangeSets to the Trash too
  10. Launch Agenda on Mac, and wait for your data to rebuild (a minute or two)
  11. Once you see all your data again, turn on the sync. I recommend iCloud, but Dropbox should also work.
  12. Wait 10 minutes with Agenda just running, and the computer staying awake
  13. Now install on iOS, and enable the sync there too. Again, keep it awake about 10 minutes.

Thank you for the detailed answer. It worked! And I am very happy about that.

There’s only a small problem left. Somehow a few “Untitled” categories has been created. They contain no projects and they won’t be deleted… The strange thing too, is that the number of “Untitled” categories are different on my three devices. On the Mac there are 4 of them, on the iPhone there are 2 and on the iPhone only 1. Do you have any idea as to why this is?

Best regards, Johannes

Are you able to see if some of the Untitled categories on one device actually correspond to a titled category on another device? What could be is that the sync is simply not finished yet. Agenda will play back the changes over time, and it could be that when the sync is full finished, some untitled categories get a title, and even some projects in them.

Usually, this is simply a case of giving the device enough time to upload/download the data. You could hold Agenda in the foreground for a while, just stopping your device from going to sleep, to give it time. If you don’t want to to have to constantly keep the device from “sleeping”, you can turn off the Autolock in the Settings.

Repeat this on each device, letting it sync for around 20 minutes. Usually that will allow everything to upload and download, and it will be fast after that.