Sign in with Apple ID does not allow alternate Apple ID

What I did:
I got a new work laptop and I want to “restore purchase” to unlock the awesome premium features on Agenda. I downloaded Agenda from my Apple ID (Personal and the one I used to purchase premium). Note that because it’s a work laptop they have provisioned a different Apple ID (Work)

What happened:
When I hit sign in with Apple ID, the window only allows me to use the Apple ID (Work) account and I’m not able to switch to my other Apple ID (Personal) account.

What I expected:
I want to be able to switch to use my Apple ID (Personal) so I can restore and enable the premium features.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
I cannot try any method that may cause a data sync to cloud due to sensitive data.
MacOS: Big Sur 11.5.1
MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2020

That is a “feature” of the Mac OS that allows the manager of IT to lock certain features. This can be done with Windows as well. You will need to petition your IT department to give you the ability to use a different Apple ID at work. As that may be considered a security risk or a liability for the company they may not allow it. You may need your supervisor to back you on the request.

Thanks mkazlow, agreed. I found a workaround for this by signing out of the Work Apple ID (via the System preferences) and temporarily using my Personal Apple ID. The login flow in Agenda then supported my intention because it uses the Apple ID on the system.

I guess a secondary purpose of writing this post was to also explore if Agenda had a way to specify which Apple ID to be used to “restore purchases”. I hope that makes sense!

I’m afraid we don’t have any control over this. Apple have setup the system to work with a single Apple ID. We interact with the system for purchasing and syncing via iCloud, and we don’t have the option to use a different iCloud account for that.

hey Drew, just revisiting this old thread. I am a lifetime premium purchaser :slight_smile: and I want to use this across my corporate machine (IT is okay with it) so I used the same method to restore purchases.

But since this is a fresh install of Agenda, I changed the notes sync to Dropbox instead of iCloud. The notes I’m taking for work are different from my personal notes currently all stored in iCloud. Is this going to be an issue? Do you guys do some sort of Agenda account sync between all devices?

I’m asking because I am considering to leave my personal Apple ID signed in so that I can easily get new updates whenever the next great release comes out :wink:

Cheers
Tim

You can use the same Agenda Account with different iCloud accounts. Sync goes via iCloud. The Agenda Account is for licensing.

There is one thing the Agenda Account is also for: collaboration. Ie when you share a note with someone else, and can both edit it. If you are not using this, should be no problem.

Even if you do use it, I think it will probably work out. But if something is to go wrong, it would probably be with that collaboration part.