Sidebar doesn't preserve my width preference

I’m decreasing the size of the left sidebar, but it keeps restoring to almost 40% of the screen on every app restart =(

MacOS Monterey, latest Agenda, M1.

Do you normally hide the sidebar or keep the app in fullscreen? And did this only start happening after moving to Monterey?

Same issue here, not sure when it began. I have an Intel-based iMac (2017) on which I notice this.

I normally keep it like 25%-30% of the app and it keeps taking like 40% of the app. Not sure about Monterey - it’s like the update didn’t actually visually updated anything, so it’s hard to tell.

I do have an Intel Mac however, with previous MacOS - use it much rarely, but will let you know if I notice anything there.

And you don’t use the app in fullscreen or hide the sidebar?

Double nope

Ok, thanks, that’s helpful, we’ll have a look.

1 Like

any updates on this?

Not yet alas, still on my list.

Not sure if this is the right place for this suggestion, but I would very much prefer that the window width never change, even at smaller widths. I often use Agenda over in the right 1/5 or so of my screen with the sidebar hidden as I take notes in meetings. Sometimes I need to switch projects quickly, but when I do the window widens out and then stays wide — at which point I have to manually resize it again.

Just realized that it’s 1 year and almost 1 month passed since the initial reporting of the bug - quite annoying I would say.

Any updates on that, please?

No news. The fact that the window changes size is a design choice btw not a bug, the bug is that it doesn’t seem to remember the correct width.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here: I’m not speaking about the windows size, I’m speaking about the files and content separation field.

From what I understand about sw development, it could be only controlled by the app itself.

Does it make sense?

Just in case - that’s what I mean

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 11.01.21

Hmm, I’m not following indeed, can you perhaps make a quick screenrecording and send it to alex@agenda.com illustrating what exactly the issue is and what you would expect to happen instead?

Thanks, done - send an e-mail.

1 Like

This bug is 1.5 years old already and still I have to change with width of the sidebar manualy after every restart :pensive:

This seems specific to your setup because we don’t see others complaining and it works fine on this end, have you tried throwing away the Agenda preferences in ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/Data/Library/Preferences after first quitting Agenda, followed by a restart before you launch Agenda again?

It’s not specific to me only for sure (proof).

I send my logs and everything quite a while ago and after 1.5 years I’m getting ‘please, reset your settings’… :confused:

Well, did you try?