Share your feedback with us…

Almost, see Attaching external documents - #37 and Images: Insert images in text - #118

i love your app and it has been an amazing experience since i’ve started to use it. Could you please add a ‘highlights’ feature? Thanks.

2 Likes

I so second this. Just discovered Agenda yesterday evening and bought the premium today a mere 24h later.

I‘m using it for taking study notes so apart from pictures a few other things would be great to have:

The ability to make arrows —> like this and the ability to control the spacing a little better between different points or when making a short break between sentences.

Apple Pencil support would be huge as well. Especially because Agenda is a note taking App. Would be amazing if this was a feature added soon.
It would be amazing if I could use the Apple pencil (or my finger) to switch into a sort of „highlight“ mode where I would just write stuff and highlight with my pencil or finger that I wrote on my keyboard before.

3 Likes

Once the app performance is improved and on par with others, Agenda is gonna be my AIO note taking. Right now it just cant handle a mere thousand of notes.

Hello everyone, I loved the community. I just downloaded agenda. All I want is to get rid of the Evernote. I sent them a lot of emails regarding their pdf. annotations which is useless. I am really curious about your vision of this beautiful app. I am MD, I have many files.
Thank you :slight_smile: !

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Support block codes

Hi! Loving the app! Simple suggestion, please enable us to insert photos in our notes. Would be an incredible help! Thank you for making such an accessible and useful app!

You’ll be happy to hear that this will be possible in the next release, due out on Thursday if all goes well.

2 Likes

Just wanted to stop and in and congratulate you guys on a terrific upgrade. Have you even taken a single day off to enjoy a little bit of life between these new features? I am still so impressed with Agenda and her team (yes, I think of this app as a “she”). Great work! May your holidays be grand and may you return refreshed, rejuvenated, and resplendent in adoration from your world of fans!

3 Likes

Wow! That is really kind. No rest for the wicked, I’m afraid, but we will probably take a few days at Christmas :wink:

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!!! I finally decided to quit being a cheapskate and go premium. I downloaded Agenda several months ago, was a bit perplexed, as I was not familiar with JavaScript, Code Snippets and things of that nature. I must say that my fellow Agenda users have been nothing short of amazing in helping me along and posting different ways to utilize Agenda, it has really been a lifesaver.

Happy Holidays :christmas_tree::gift::snowflake:️:scarf::snowman_with_snow:

Stacey :snowflake:

1 Like

Thanks Stacey. Glad you are still with us.

Didn’t mean to intimidate you with the “technical” sample. The samples were supposed to be a variety of different types of scenarios. We were hoping one of them would be relatable to most people. The technical one would really only appeal to technical customers and hopefully be ignored by others.

It’s definitely something that I needed to get familiarized with and really appreciate the insight and helpful insight that Agenda community has to offer. I recently started a blog and designing a website, and familiarizing myself with these topics has been extremely useful.

Hope you enjoyed the Holidays :christmas_tree: :gift:

Stacey Davis

1 Like

Hi,

Two things to share that I hope are valuable.

1. I bought this app without really knowing how I would use it on the strength of strong recommendations from some notable people (Viticci especially - that guy costs me a fortune in apps!) and, most importantly, because I found the UI delightful.

A lot of powerful apps have fairly ugly UIs. The reasoning might be that what power users want is functionality and to spend time making something look lovely is seen as frivolous. Well not to this guy. I love apps that make me feel good when I use them so if you ever wonder if spending so much effort on making the app look and feel great is worth it, remember me and I’m sure the many like me who have happily handed over some money in no small part because of it.

1. My main task management app is and will almost certainly always be OmniFocus. Once you’re in it’s damn hard not to remain in. Agenda offers me something very different and the more it can integrate with OmniFocus the better. So that’s my number one hope for the future of Agenda. Be the place where my notes and attachments live when I have active projects that I manage in OmniFocus.

Oh, and I’d love alternative app icons. Just, you know, because they’re cool.

Thanks for making this app. And have a great new year.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Before we developed Agenda I was an avid OF user too. But over time, it became more and more just a bunch of checklists, and a daily to do: I didn’t use the GTD stuff (eg contexts) anymore.

When Agenda was ready, I tried to move a few projects over to that. After about a month, I closed down OF for good. I love the fluidity of free form note taking, using checklists, to the very rigid outliner approach. It is much easier to mix in other info. For the due-to-do list, I just moved some stuff to reminders. After that, there was really nothing left for OF to do for me.

YMMV but for me, having my task lists right in there with my other notes, in a single project, was more important than all the other fancy stuff OF can give you.

Hi, just got Agenda a few days ago, and I’ve wrote more notes than I have in the last 5 years! I’ve been searching for an app with good reliable calander + time sensitive app for years, and it looks like I’ve just found it.

Though, one problem I’m noticing is when I make multiple notes under the same project, the notes aren’t ordered correclty, and Agenda places notes later on my calander first (ex. places Jan. 5 note above Jan 3 and Jan 2). Other than that, no complains.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: First Impressions after a few days

Notes are ordered by default in reverse chronological order, like a facebook timeline. The most recent are at the top.

You can change the order by clicking/tapping the project title at the top of the list, and scrolling to the bottom. There is an item there to reverse the order for that project.

A post was split to a new topic: Moving note to new project

I can see that. It’s useful for me to have the Perspectives that OmniFocus offers. Because I run my own business I have lots of different projects broken into actions and those actions have to appear in the right way. So if I’m busy and need quick actions, or I’m feeling focused and want to tackle tasks that require more thinking, and so on.

I’ve actually noticed that I’m using Agenda almost like a journal for my projects. I even have a personal journal in there.

Agenda is such an odd app, in the best possible way, that I suspect everyone will use it a little differently.