Share my workflow

Hi! I would like to share my workflow, feel free to enlighten me, if it can help you that would be great.

I set up two special projects, one(named Daily NotesšŸ“’) for collecting ideas or daily notes, and one(named About MešŸ“’) for to do list. I captured thoughts and put them Daily NotesšŸ“’ by Mac or phone whenever I had. When capturing, I just write them or insert link, and donā€™t care about phrasing, maybe they are a few words. I like Agenda to do it cause it has beautiful UI and nice typing feel(I write a script in drafts to send thoughts to agenda but I use it less, I like type in Agenda), and I can review them by timeline.

When I am free or feel bored, I will review my thoughts on Daily NotesšŸ“’. If a note is of interest to me and can be expanded, I set up a project for it and drag it to the project. (or drag it to a existing project) Sometimes a note contains several ideas(after all, casualy write them down), I use [āŒ˜ /] to split them. So for me, organization is a very critical part, and in order for notes to be migrated between projects, itā€™s also improtant to keep it atomic. (In Agenda, It seems that the paragraphs are atomic, that would be nice to able to move paragraphs by dragging)

I add a Note contains a todo list in Project About MešŸ˜Æ and pin it top, If a note in Daily NotešŸ“’ looks like to be a task, I will add a todo on that note in About MešŸ˜Æ. For example, I have extracted a sentence that looks wisdom on first reading, and when I review it, I plan to read the origin of this sentence(a book), I add the todo on the todo list note In About MešŸ˜Æ.

I hava a todo list now, I set a reminderā° or schedule for one of the tasks that can be performed, In Agenda, itā€™s very easy. If a task is complex or has tracking value, I create a project for it.

When I worked at this project, I collected some resources, links, viewsā€¦ wrote some thoughts. If I think something for this project should be a task, I easily set it as reminderā° or schedule or just todo I should check. I like it that easily set up an agency while working on things, not list tasks before I do. Many tasks come from working process, it is almost frictionless that I just add :alarm_clock: to note in Agenda.

When dealing with a specific job, itā€™s difficult to discuss how, but I can say that I donā€™t care about phrasing and organization, while doing my job, I just try to make sure I know what Iā€™m writing down(Agenda likes a staging area for me). When I finished the project, I archived it and embellished the notes that are worth keeping for a long time and put them to Obsidian, then I mark the task as done on the todo list node in About MešŸ˜Æ.

When the todo list has beed processed a lot, I use [āŒƒ āŒ˜ B] move the done task to bottom of note, or [ā‡§ āŒƒ āŒ˜ B] to move other todo tasks to a new note and pin the new note top as todo list and pin the old note bottom(maybe and collapse it). Because Agenda just provide a shortcut key to move unchecked itmes to new note, so I have to [pin new note top]. If I can move checked items to new note(and automatic pin them bottom, collapse them),or when I mark a note as done, pin it bottom automaticly thatā€™s great. just imagine it.:joy_cat:

other

I donā€™t use tags much because the problems I deal with are not complex enough to require it.and the result by searching for tags does not differ much from text Tags allow us to organize notes vertically across projects, I know developers are working at it, Iā€™m looking forward to it. :clap:

I have not tried templates, I can imagine some uses for it, and I think the bottleneck in efficiency lies not in the tools but in myself, and I deal with tasks that donā€™t need it for a while. I mention this to show that we should think more about our current situation when using tools.

Once you like and use a tool, you get used to it. Iā€™m working fine now, but still looking forward to some powerful features like viewing multiple notes at the same time. I have read many posts and seen the commitment of the developers, so I wonā€™t say much more, just wait.

I use Agenda for collection and workflow, in both cases, I use it as a draft box, staging center. When I use it, I just use it. After finishing projects, I transfer important notes or other things to places like permanent notes .

Hereā€™s what I wanted to share, I read a lot of posts in the forum, thanks for the discussion and thanks to the developers!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I somehow missed this post when you made it. Thanks for sharing!

I recognize a lot of the same techniques I have. I have a category called General, with a project called Inbox. In that is a ā€œDaily Notesā€ note that contains a checklist. I work on that one note all the time. It is my dropbox for quick things I need to followup. If I add something there, I know I will never forget it.

Later, I will process those tasks, and might make a project or something, but it often starts with a quick task in Daily Notes.

1 Like