Search highlight not clearing

What I did: Search using Search everything

What happened: The search text was highlighted in the search results. I then cleared the search item from the search field and returned to TODAY or AGENDA view. The previously highlighted search result was still highlighted. The only was to remove the highlighted text was to close the app and open again

What I expected: After clearing the search string in the search window, all highlights of the search text should be removed

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): iOS on latest version

Thank you for reporting this. We are going to investigate.

Do you know if the notes that had the highlights remain were on screen when you cleared the filter? Or were they matches that were not on the screen at the time?

Kind regards,
Drew

Hi Drew

A third observation:

If I then try to search for a completely new text string after doing all the steps below, and clear the search field, when viewing other pages, the very original text string is highlighted on these other pages. Ie If my original search was for
“ASID” and I then clear it and search for “TSS” then, after clearing it, the other pages still have “ASI” highlighted.

I have just sent you a response, but noted another behaviour:

My observations:

Highlights do not remain on the screen if I change from the original search screen to another screen that has the search item, they are cleared when I clear the search field

BUT THEN WHEN I GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SCREEN THAT I SEARCHED, THE TEXT THAT I SEARCHED FOR IS HIGHLIGHTED, EVEN THOUGH THE SEARCH FIELD WAS CLEARED IN THE PREVIOUS STEP ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE.

Highlights remain on the the screen if it is the original screen that I searched on when I clear the search field

Then their is weird behaviour when I do the following:

I searched for the tag”ASID” This was highlighted on the original screen that I searched.

I then switched to another screen and then only cleared the search field. The matches highlight was then removed. I then switched to another screen and the following portion of the search item highlighted on this third page ie “ASI” was highlighted and
the “D” remained not highlighted.

You guys have such an awesome product, IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. No software has had such an impact on my life. THANK YOU.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to assist with troubleshooting this issue, I’m more than happy to contribute what’s required.

Regards
Brendan

1 Like

So glad Agenda is a good fit for you.

I think the search highlight issue is simply a refresh problem. For some reason, when you clear the filter, it isn’t “redrawing” the notes. I will investigate. Thanks for reporting it!

A post was split to a new topic: Lost Note in Deletion