One of the reasons I started using Agenda was that I wanted to find a replacement for Evernote. I’m not at all pleased with how Evernote tries to lock me in.
I know the Agenda team is working on some of these items, but here’s my wish-list to push Agenda over threshold where this might actually become a possibility.
- Search Results. I need more powerful search capabilities that return results by relevance, in a condensed manner. One thing Evernote is very good at is letting me type a few words, and getting highly relevant results quickly. Probably the biggest problem I have with Agenda now is that my search returns entire notes, not a short index of note titles. I actually have to scroll through huge volumes of notes… when really all I need is to scan over the note titles. So, feature request: Include a search results view that only shows note titles.
- Tag index. What are all my tags? I’d love to be able to look at a list of all tags, pick a few, and get results based on those picked tags. Right now I think I’ve entered tags into the system… and have forgotten what they are. How do I find those tags again?
- Integration with Reminders. I actually use OmniFocus, but if I was able to select part of a note, and that created a reminder, then OmniFocus will take it from there automatically. The key for me would be a) being able to create reminders with a hotkey, based on selected text; b) a link to the Agenda note being included for quick return to Agenda.
- Attachments. Inline attachments. Previewed attachments (e.g. images, PDFs) so I can just view them in Agenda. Embedded attachments e.g. any non-previewable file I can just drop into a note.
- Diagrams. Inline, easy to draw.