I’m a new and enthusiastic Agenda user – so I thought I’d offer (admittedly entirely unsolicited) my feedback on the features I personally need to definitely retire Apple Notes in favour of Agenda.
– a “Share to Agenda” extension that can be accessed within macOS and iOS apps
– an “Inbox” project; yes, I can create this now, but I’d prefer an Inbox that is built into the app
– password-protected notes (I understand this is on the way)
– collaboration; but, ideally, not just through the app (since this is also quite limiting with Apple Notes) but through recognised collaboration platforms such as Google’s apps
– document scanning (with OCR optional)
– adding photos, videos or audio in-line to notes
– adding sketches in-line to notes
– adding tables in-line to notes
– a media “Attachments” overview like in Apple Notes
I also think a couple features from Things could help – i.e. a “Logbook” of completed notes; the “pin to bottom” idea I’ve seen elsewhere is quite helpful. I also like Things’s keyboard shortcut for adding tasks from within other apps – a similar feature for Agenda could be cool.
Don’t get me wrong – I think the “opinion” and design of Agenda is far superior to Apple Notes and better suits my way of working. I’ve just come to reply on some/all of the above features in Notes so when’re available in Agenda it’ll be perfect.