Limit search to categories

I have a hard time understanding why there is no search that can be limited to a category.

I thought perhaps that I’d missed something in the documentation. If there was a ‘reserved’ tag “#category” that accepted a parameter, it would be consistent with the way one now sets a search for #date(—your parameter here—)

Being a newb on Agenda, I’ll look to see whether I can get around this by establishing a ‘private’ categorization scheme that will limit projects searched to those with an appropriate tag included.

2 Likes

Indeed more powerful search features are on our own wishlist as well, we have some ideas in the direction you suggest, stay tuned!

2 Likes

I think this wuold be extremely powerful.
This can change the way I use Aganda, replacing my project manager app.
Consider develop it asap.
Thanks,
Francesco

I use the category feature on the one hand as an ongoing category like an area of interesst in my life/work. On the other hand I use it as a living super-project. So more like a big project.

• In both ways it would be nice to limit a search by categories.
  • In second way it would be nice to have the possibility to archive (sub-)categories.
  • May be it would be easier to implement the possibility to creat sub-project
    • so you have the over-all-search in the main-project
    • and the possibility to archive an special sub-project

I work well with the App without these features, they are not urgent to me: just to be mentioned.