Laggy performance

What I did: Created a new note, pasted in an old checklist started to edit it

What happened: Keystrokes lagged badly, locking the app for a few seconds

What I expected: Smooth data entry

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):

Agenda v1.3
OS X 10.12.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Did this persist, or was the performance issue just for a few seconds after pasting?

How long was the note approximately?

I’ve got massive lag issues at the moment. I’m a teacher and started using Agenda towards the beginning of the year as a way of keeping notes on my classes, students and linking my lessons in iCal with lesson notes.

I have ultimately created a fair amount of content and many notes with images and other files included. Now I’m in report writing mode and I need to check and reference things I’ve previously written, along with updating results into individual notes.

I’m now experiencing quite significant lag which is very problematic given my current time constraints.

I’m using it in OSX on my MacBook Pro

First of, are you on Agenda 9.1? If so, is the lag only with certain projects or with all? What kind of number of projects, notes per project and attachments do we have to image you are using roughly?

Sorry for the delay
I’m working on version 9.0, haven’t been able to figure out how to update at this stage, I’m used to seeing an update option in an apps Preferences or as a drop-down under the app name, which I can’t. I have added a lot of notes this year and I have included some extra content such as photos and other files into the notes. I’m still getting lag every time, usually if I have many notes open, I’ve discovered that when I close all notes in a project that there is an improvement.

I am currently mainly using one Category (Set up one under my Schools name, as I am currently working on a contract, might need another for another school later) with several Projects inside representing my individual Classes. Each of these projects has notes linked to iCal entries where I have included my entire years School timetable, along with individual notes for each student and any extra notes associated with the individual class.

To give you some idea, I have 10 classes, about 8 of which I use pretty much Everyday, I have 6 periods a day (1-2 notes per day in each of those projects). This is where I write my lesson plans. I have roughly 20-30 students in each class, and a note for each one, which I have included multiple photographs, Powerpoint attachments (of their work) and information on their results and progress.

I currently have it linked up to iCloud to share across devices like my phone.

I just opened it up now, and have ‘On the Agenda’ selected and it’s taken several minutes for the colourful whirligig of death to eventually disappear. I assume it’s taken some time to load.

I have mostly enjoyed using Agenda this year, but the lag which I have experienced more recently, particularly during Report writing season has really slowed things down, and been very frustrating.

Hope that helps to answer your questions

Also, not sure if it has any bearing on the situation. I’m working on a 2015 top spec MacBook Pro

I think it is worth updating to version 9.1 of Agenda. If you installed via the Mac App Store, go to the Mac App Store app and update there.

If you installed via our web site, Agenda itself should ask you to update.

I have seen the beachball for some of my projects. It can happen the first time you open a note with a lot of images/attachments. Could that be what you are seeing here? Can you correlate the beachball to notes on or just off screen that contain a lot of images?

Thanks for the feedback, I did manage to upgrade to 9.1, I was able to log into Apple Apps and get it done there. For some reason though it wasn’t registering as needing an update (when I clicked on the Updates Category).

For the moment things seem to be working well again.

Also thanks for your speedy reply.

Ok perfect, let us know if you hit performance issues again.