Just lost data

If you make iCloud backups on your iOS device and/or use TimeMachine on your Mac your Agenda file should be included in these. Your library is located in ~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos.development/

I highly recommend using Time Machine with your Mac. Buy a cheap external drive, and do a backup each day or week. Much more peace of mind, not only for Agenda, but for all your data.

1 Like

Thanks Guys - I appreciate the help. In this case my issue that I use Agenda on the iPad only and I have a Windows machine for work. I love Agenda, it really makes my life organised and have a ton of ideas to suggest… But I need to back it up somehow, only from the iPad. And yes I could use the iTunes on Windows as well and make a copy of the whole iPAd, but it would be so much easier to just have a copy of the Agenda file emailed or save on a cloud which is actually supported by my company (OneDrive). I cannot use iCloud…At least if I can share a full category, rather than just project by project… I looked for the Agenda file location on the iPad, but did not find it on Files…

You may be able to find it using iExplorer. Not entirely sure.

would be amazing if there was an XML import/export tool :slight_smile:

BUT, thank you SO much for speeding it up AND fixing undo! You have my money!!!

1 Like

Please note that the Agenda file export/import is nothing else than a zipped up JSON representation of the internal format we use, which means it’s a lossless data format you could use.

this just happened to me. backspace in search and just lost most of my data. I have some really old stuff still. very sad :(. Luckily I iCloud has most of it, just missing the last few days. Would be nice to have a sync button with iCloud. Now I’m not sure what will happen when it syncs. Will it grab the data from iCloud or tell iCloud to remove everything?

Also of note, I checked and this directory does not exist:
~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos.development/

Are you perhaps using an older version? We have changed this issue a long time ago, it should no longer be possible to delete items by using backspace in the search field.

Also, note that the directory you mention is the development version, the correct location is:

~/Library/Containers/com.momenta.agenda.macos/

I’m on desktop mac version 6.0.1

Please make sure you are using version 7, but even so, I’m pretty sure we fixed this already prior to version 6.

When it syncs with iCloud, it merges all data. It will never replace the local data, or the cloud data — it merges it together.

thanks for clarifying the icloud syncing. that is very helpful.

I will update.

fyi, I’ve updated to 7. It resynced with iCloud and I now have the lastest the cloud was aware of. I may have lost a day or two, but in much better shape now. thanks for the help!

Ah great to hear that. Again apologies for the trouble, let us know if things now keep on working as they should.

This happened again. It happens when I use the search bar and I am offline. How do I trigger an iCloud sync? It doesn’t seem to sync when I get back online.

We have made a number of improvements in the upcoming v9 update of Agenda, it should sync much faster and more reliable. Once it’s out (in 1-2 weeks we think) can you let us know if you still see these kind of issues?

Update: Turns out my lost data issue was just user error, that would be me :] The data was not lost, just hidden from me as I had the “on the agenda” filter selected. This caused my search results to be empty and when I went from project to project it failed to find anything when that filter was enabled.