iCloud Sync stopped since yesterday

What I did: Nothing

What happened: Sync over iCloud stopped since yesterday.

What I expected: Sync between my four devices

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc):
I#m using a iMac (with Big Sur), iPadpro and two iphones - all on the newest iOS. The sync stopped - i don’t no why….
iCloud is enabled, also Agenda sync ist enabled. but new notes are not synced :frowning:

Maybe Agenda made a mistake when synchronizing the new changes. It hit a reef and stopped sailing. Try removing the reef🪨: Duplicate the projects changed since the sync stopped and delete the original ones. Don’t forget to empty the Trash.

No need to delete any data. I advise against that.

We have heard a few of these issues the last few days. Wondering if Apple’s iCloud servers might be struggling a bit.

What I recommend is this:

Usually, this is simply a case of giving the device enough time to upload/download the data. You could hold Agenda in the foreground for a while, just stopping your device from going to sleep, to give it time. If you don’t want to to have to constantly keep the device from “sleeping”, you can turn off the Autolock in the Settings (or on Mac, turn off Sleep in the Preferences),

Repeat this on each device, letting it sync for around 20 minutes. Usually that will allow everything to upload and download, and it will be fast after that.

Note that you can see if it is syncing by looking for the cloud icon at the bottom of the right panel. It appears when there is sync activity.

If that doesn’t help, here is what I recommend:

• Turn off the sync in Agenda on each device.
  • It will ask if you want to remove the cloud data. Do that
  • Wait 10 minutes
  • Now turn on the sync for one of the devices, and let it finish uploading. The cloud will flash in the right panel, or on the window, until it is done. Can take a bit of time, so you might want to disable sleep or autolock
  • Once it is finished, turn on sync for another device, and again wait until finished
  • Repeat for last device.

If this also doesn’t help, I recommend turning off the iCloud switch in System Preferences/Settings app, and then turning it back on again for the same account. Do that on each device.

Thanks for your support. I‘ve contacted apple support, because I’ve also problems with other iCloud services. The cause of the problem are server problems at apples iCloud services. Hopefully they will solve them…

Glad to hear it doesn’t seem to be on our end and that it will soon resolve. Thanks for confirming this and letting us know!