How do I reorder categories?

What I did: I clicked and dragged a category to reorder it.

What happened: When I tried to place it between existing categories, one of the categories received the yellow drop box, and my category became a subcategory. I did manage to move the subcategory back to the top level by dragging and dropping it over “saved searches”, which puts the category at the top of the list.

(so technically I can reorder things, by always moving a category to the top of the list… which is very long-winded. It means if I want to move a category up one position, I need to move every category above it as well)

What I expected: To be able to move the category between two existing categories.

Things that might be helpful to know (Agenda version, OS and model, etc): Agenda 9.0, macOS 10.14.6.

Try dragging a category on the last project of the preceding category to place it after that category.

Ah interesting. I was doing it with categories collapsed – which makes more sense to me when reordering categories. Hopefully you consider making that case work as well.

But this gets the job done, so thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just came here to solve the same problem, like Pat, I had my categories collapsed.

Please add another vote for making this work when categories are collapsed; meanwhile, I might shift to gouping my main categories so fewer are on the top level.

Thanks!