Get All Features

Awesome to hear @sjbrowniss2, thank you so much for your support!

A post was split to a new topic: Upgrade for Mac

Alternatively, you could implement the model that the drawing app Concept has/had where the basic product is free to use, you can upgrade to a base app with most features, or add on “packs” of different bundled features as needed?

We’re not too big fans of this pick and choose model. Of course it could certainly work but it wouldn’t really be compatible with the current model we use, which has been received super positively and therefore is not something we plan to change at this point.

2 Likes

Fair enough; I was thinking more as a way to address that user’s concern about people who have bought in and continue to “upgrade” over time; the traditional software model in the past followed that (new buyers buy the latest versions with all the bells and whistles, previous buyers had an upgrade path) but I guess Apple’s store model doesn’t easily allow for that.

1 Like

I’d like to know how much more I would have to pay if I want to have new features beyond 12 months.

The amount is the same for every 12 month period you decide to renew. Note that in Agenda 14 we’ll add the possibility to auto-renew every year and save 15%.

6 Likes

I was waiting for this for some time. Long time customers or customers who intend to commit should be rewarded.

2 Likes

This is most welcome. I’m not (yet) a power user, but I do use Agenda happily. I’ve never been disinclined to renew. This will be convenient. Thanks!

1 Like

:+1: Thank you!

To be clear, we backdated the features in Agenda 14 so that anyone who purchased during 2021 will have them unlocked, even though it has been longer than 1 year since some purchases were made. Hopefully this makes up for the somewhat longer wait for this version.

5 Likes

Where is the auto-renew setting? I’d happily sign up.

2 Likes

It’s in the premium features window. If it doesn’t show (because you are still within the current 12 months) you can make it appear by holding the alt/option key while choosing Window > Premium Features if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

If I only use the iPad or iPhone version, is there a similar way to set up auto renew? I haven’t found the option if it exists.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Not until closer to the end date I’m afraid.

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing the point of this intense and over-modulated conversation. I purchase and subscribe to software as a tool to perform a task and get a job done. The developer refines the program and fixes issues parallel with Apple’s OS updates. I’m happy to pay for that service. If the software stays relevant to my need and is priced fairly, I’ll buy it and pay for upgraded features. Period, end of story. I feel the developers of Agenda have created a beautifully designed product and deserve the support of its users, if for no other reason than to progress development. They have also built a great support platform and community, which is added value.

4 Likes

would you mind to share where can opt-in as I am going to buy for next 12 months but there is no checkbox of it (I am in MacOS beta version)

The auto-renew option goes through Apple’s store. If you want that, you would need to install from the Mac App Store. Note that once you purchase, you can then go back to the off-store version if you prefer.

Thanks for the answer.

I’ve purchased twice, and blasted twitter earlier with it

1 Like