Feedback from a new user

Hi, just started out. with Agenda and so far liking what I see. I don’t have a lot of feedback yet apart from a couple of items:

1. I use Todoist for Todos, would love some integration

2. To aid the above, would be great if the ‘share’ context menu could share the Agenda app link instead of just the item title.

3. In general, i prefer really plain and minimalist text styles, can all the text formatting options be disabled?

I use Todoist for Todos, would love some integration

See this topic:

To aid the above, would be great if the ‘share’ context menu could share the Agenda app link instead of just the item title.

You mean in the Share menu when selecting Todoist from the list?

In general, i prefer really plain and minimalist text styles, can all the text formatting options be disabled?

This is always a balance as some will want less and others more styles, we won’t allow disabling you can simply ignore the formatting options, and when adding items from elsewhere use Paste and Match Style. On the flip side we don’t plan on adding many more options either.

Hello, thanks for the feedback. I did see that topic (I searched). Obviously a Todoist integration would be a big ask, and I also see there’s people asking for integrations to Things and Omnioutliner too. I bet all of our workflows are really different too. I saw there was some mention of the Todoist integration via the Apple Calendar: something I tried when I first started with Todoist but quickly dumped. I love Todoist’s ability to quickly create reminders (even repeating ones) and complete or postpone them. It’s not great at notes, which is what I can see Agenda excels at. Apple’s reminders are terrible and I’ve long stopped using them. That’s why I’d love a Todoist integration. :wink:

In the interim, it’s kinda why I suggested this:

To aid the above, would be great if the ‘share’ context menu could share the Agenda app link instead of just the item title.

You mean in the Share menu when selecting Todoist from the list?

Yes, exactly. I’ve also since found that if I have the whole item selected it sends the entire body text, but not when I have only the title selected. The difference between these two methods isn’t readily apparent at first glance. Also I find it hard to discover where the ’spot’ on the Agenda item where I need to click to enable the “share” menu when I click on the whole note. In fact I’ve made that work exactly once. It’s modal? For now getting the ’share’ context is easy on the title but non-trivial on the entire note, it seems. And a link back to the item in Agenda appended to the item that’s Shared, if that’s possible, would be very awesome.

In general, i prefer really plain and minimalist text styles, can all the text formatting options be disabled?

This is always a balance as some will want less and others more styles, we won’t allow disabling you can simply ignore the formatting options, and when adding items from elsewhere use Paste and Match Style. On the flip side we don’t plan on adding many more options either.

I’ve since discovered I can just type Markdown, which makes me very happy. :slight_smile:

just gonna attach some screen grabs.

share menu when title selected.

no share menu in body text?

except when there is?

To get this last one, I finally found the “magic”. I had to left click in the text, then right-click.

Ah great stuff and good finds, we’ll have a look!