Deleting notes

Hello,
I want to delete notes. And “found out” following:

• It is not possible to select more than one notes AND delete them. Only possible one by one. Would be nice to delete all selected notes.
  • „Delete note“ in the pull down menue („right click“ on a note) is grey/inactive but stillit is possible to delete the note by hitting the „Delete“ key.
    Greetings,
    Claus

The “Delete Note” choice on the “right-click” menu seems to location specific in the note. For instance if you right-click in the Title area, it’s greyed out. However if you “select” the note (i.e. it changes color), then right-click anywhere in the body part, the “Delete Note” will work just fine.

I was able to command click two notes to get both to highlight, then pressed my Delete key and both items deleted.

1 Like

Thanks @kkathman! Yes, „Delete Note“ works only when „right-click“ in the body area. Would be nice to make it available also in the title area.
After some tries I managed to delete also two notes, but I have no idea what to do to make it possible.
:slight_smile:

Hi Claus,

It DID take me some diligence. The “Delete note” is very odd that even in the body it doesn’t always show up active on the Right-Click menu. I’m NOT sure why that is.

To do the multiple- note delete, I clicked on note 1, to where the yellowish background appeared. Then I clicked on note 2, holding dow the Command key which made BOTH of them change to that yellowish background. With them both “selected” I just pressed my DELETE key and they both went away. It’s a bit unpredictable I think, but I WAS able to reproduce that method. But I DO agree with you, that “Delete Note” being greyed out is very inconsistent.

Yes, this looks like it could be improved. Will note it.

1 Like

I believe this should now be fixed in the 2.2 update, control/right-clicking anywhere in the yellow area of a selected note should bring up the contextual menu.

Yes, works (better) now.
But still I get the dropdown menu a second time after choosing „Delete note“.

1. Note, right click -> choose „Delete Note“
  2. Note disapears
  3. Dropdown menu appears again (without right click)
    (I already informed about this bug)

I can’t reproduce this, a few questions:

• when you right click delete note do you use control-click or a true right click with the mouse?

• don’t you get the confirmation dialog asking you to confirm the deletion or did you in the past check the box to know longer ask?

• does it matter if you click next to the title or on the text of the note?

• I use a a right click to get the dropdown menu and another right click to trigger „Delete note“. Then the drowpdown menu appears again. In e.g. Finder I can use 2x the right click without I get the dropdown menu a second time.
  • Yes, I decided to not see the dialog box again.
  • No, it does not matter where I click.

Ah, so if you right click to trigger the menu, but left click to select Delete Note it doesn’t happen, correct?

I tried it now, not matter if left or right click, I get another time this dropdown menu!
It does not happen if I use the Trackpad or my Wacom Art Pad.

Another test: Click on the yellow area of a note (no text selected) and deleted it by Mouse/right click/Delete note - > Note disappears and drop down menu appears again!

Now do this: Select some text in a note, right click on the selection -> Delete note -> note disappears BUT without showing the drop down menu again.

What if you restart the Mac and try again without the Wacom tablet attached?

FYI - I’m not experiencing this issue.

The first time I deleted an item, I got a dialog, then I chose not to see that warning. Subsequent deletes, just deleted the note and left everything else intact.

Without Wacom tablet (after restart): Same problem (2x dropdwon menu).