Cursor Location Persistence Leads to Unexpected Behaviour

It seems that cursor location is persistent in a note. This leads to behaviour I don’t expect when trying to edit a note. I don’t know how others feel about it.

1. If the cursor is at the end of the title and I then press the down arrow or enter, I would expect the cursor to move to the beginning of the first line in the body of a note. Instead it jumps to what ever location the cursor was last.
  2. Similarly jumping between notes by clicking once in the area of the title means that the cursor ends up at seemingly random places.

For the second situation both ‘beginning’ or 'end’ kind of make inuitive sense to me right now.
I wonder if anyone else finds this slightly confusing/unpredictable.

Things that might be helpful to know: Agenda 1.3, MacOS 10.13.3.

I have to confess, I am in two minds about this. Can understand your case, but would also like to hear others chip in.

The behavior at the moment is that if you click on the text area, the cursor will go to that point in the text. If you click near the top, outside the text, selecting the note, the text area becomes active, and the cursor location is where it was before (unless you have scrolled the note offscreen, or gone to a different project, which resets it).

I like this behavior myself. It allows me to jump between notes to some extent, and continue where I left of. It depends a lot I guess on how long your notes are. I often have quite short notes, with several on a page. Others write full documents. For a document it may not be as useful.

I don’t think there is a simple answer to this question TBH

I agree with everything you’ve said. I could indeed see how the current behaviour is more conductive to certain workflows than to others. I’ll just rely on Cmd+ Up Arrow more than I did before.