Creating and Using Templates

We’ll see if this can be improved indeed. Regarding the “just the notes of a calendar event”, you mean as they appear in the notes field in the calendar app, without attendees, location etc?

1 Like

Precisely. Thanks for the consideration!

ScottyJ

2 Likes

Hello, just started using Agenda and I’m moving some data over from my task app. For this case I would like to make some templates. The concept of Auto Text is clear to me, but I can’t find any information on more static placeholders. For instance: name, subject, participants, etc. where the ‘placeholder’ text can be replaced when filling out the cloned template. Is this possible? Did I miss something reading this How To? Thanks!

1 Like

Is there any solution to this problem?

I am using this code:
\event-notes \event-date(format: EEEE, MMM d)

Result is:
27 Aug 2021, from 08:00 to 09:30

I second ScottyJ’s request to just get a list of names.

Better yet, I’d like each name appear on a separate line (unordered list) so I can add information to each name. This is quite helpful if attendees are from different companies. Maybe the UOL could be a parameter.

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Placeholders inside URLs in templates

Hi support team. What is the syntax to use with \Date in title to create “Week of xxxxx” such as “Week of 2021-Dec-27” which is start of next week? Thanks

You’ll find a complete overview of the supported syntax here:
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-31/tr35-dates.html#Date_Format_Patterns

However, I don’t think it will support the kind of date calculations you’d be looking for. The only way I can think of is that you do this part of the calculation in a shortcut or script and have that generate the note for you.

I think it would make sense to have a \table action that would insert a table in-place.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

Note that you can type three pipe characters in a row, and a space, to get table too. |||

2 Likes

I didn’t know that, thanks

1 Like

Sounds like you’ll be very happy with the upcoming Agenda 14 update :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t wait :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to do this for notes created from templates on any date? For example, if I want to use one template to create notes for tomorrow and the day after with both notes having their title be their date with custom formatting.

I thought that \event-date would do the trick, but I just get an empty title. I assume that this is because I’m creating the note from the day, not for a specific event.

This should work for you

\date(for: yesterday, format: MMM-dd-yyyy (EEEE))

2 Likes

Very detailed explanation which helped me a lot! Thank you for that.
One question. I tried to use, as template title, such text: Meeting Note from \event-date - and this one works well, showing start and end of meeting hour. So I decided it would be better to have it done this way: Meeting Note from \event-date(start) which should give me, for instance, “Meeting Note from 20 May 2022, at 18:00”. Instead I get this one: “Meeting Note from 0”. Is it a bug or I make a mistake somewhere?

You’d have to use it like this \event-date(start: full) where full can also be medium or short, depending on how you’d like it to appear.

2 Likes

Thank you! Now it works!

1 Like

I wish to create a note for the week of x, and then set the date range of the note to be from Mon-Fri.

I understand how to set dates within titles, but is it possible to set date ranges for notes themselves…and the projects to which they should be assigned…using templates?

Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately that kind of relative date setting isn’t possible at the moment, we’ll take it into consideration.