Creating and Using Templates

You can create a new note from a template, linked to an event by clicking the event in the inspector:

So I Need to create an event first. Then once that is done I can select a "new note from template” and the identifier will be filled…

6 posts were split to a new topic: Relative dates in template actions

I’ve got a template that creates a new note with todays date in the title:

Plan for \date(EEE d MMM YYYY)

How can I edit this so it shows tomorrow’s date in the title?

I’ve already edited the related automation to associate the note with tomorrows date, but I can’t work out how to get tomorrows date, in a particular format, into the tite.

Try the following:

Plan for \date(format: EEE d MMM yyyy, offset: 1 day)

or

Plan for \date(format: EEE d MMM yyyy, for: tomorrow)

See the parameter examples for \date above.

Also note that you should use yyyy not YYYY or you’ll hit the same issue like some did in the last week of the year.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Reminders action in templates

3 posts were split to a new topic: Title editing in templates

How can i get a date 1 week ago ?

The following should all work:

\date(in: 1 week ago)
\date(offset: -7 days)
\date(offset: -1 week)
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Parsing template placeholders

A post was split to a new topic: Missing invitees

How can I add a dated tag from a template? If I write something like #due(in: 7 days), it converts it to a specific date within the template. If I write #due(\date(in: 7 days)), it doesn’t convert it at all.

1 Like

I’m afraid this isn’t yet supported, we’ll see if this can be supported.

1 Like

Thanks, it would be great. It would let me programmatically add due dates to repetitive projects that typically take the same amount of time (or need periodic reviews.)

is it possible to add a placeholder which inserts all participants from an appointment?

Yes, see \event-notes(attendees) above.

Maybe this is picky, but is it possible to get the list of names, without the preface of the word With? I’d love to just have names (could even do without the last and). This would allow for a placeholder of \event-notes(organizer), \event-notes(attendees) to have a full list of participants.

I was also wondering if there is a placeholder that has just the notes of a calendar event? I think that to get that, I need to get (all) (or parameter-less), which means needing to delete a bunch of content that is duplicative (like location or attendees that I organize with specific placeholders).

Thanks and keep up the great work!

ScottyJ

We’ll see if this can be improved indeed. Regarding the “just the notes of a calendar event”, you mean as they appear in the notes field in the calendar app, without attendees, location etc?

1 Like

Precisely. Thanks for the consideration!

ScottyJ

2 Likes

Hello, just started using Agenda and I’m moving some data over from my task app. For this case I would like to make some templates. The concept of Auto Text is clear to me, but I can’t find any information on more static placeholders. For instance: name, subject, participants, etc. where the ‘placeholder’ text can be replaced when filling out the cloned template. Is this possible? Did I miss something reading this How To? Thanks!

1 Like