Attachments, Images and Drawings

Brilliant, thank you so much!

Hey Guys,

Amazing work. Adding attachments feels so intuitive.
This is the feature I waited for. Many thanks for that.

With a lot of pics/attachments comes a lot of data. Right? Sometimes I donˋt need the attachment for life so I want to delete it Ehen the time has come.
Is there any possibility to show any notes with attachments, in „search“ for instance?

Many thanks

Tobi

1 Like

+1 upgrading to Premium to show support for the great work that your team is doing! Hope that eventually we can create events for the items on the checklist in a note. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

No search for notes with attachments yet, no. We will consider it. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the support. Yes, we would like to attach reminders to individual checklist items in future.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Crash when using continuity camera

2 posts were split to a new topic: Showing Images Full Width

Hi, If the inserted attachment is too large, can I insert it with a link?

This feature can’t be done.

Yes. Drag it in, and hold CTRL as you drop.

2 Likes

ok, Thank you for your replay.

But there is just open the folder, is there a way to open the file directly?
Because we have some documents are not suitable for display directly in the meeting.

I’m afraid with a link, we can’t do better than link to the file in Finder. It opens Finder and shows the file. This is due to the “sandbox”, a security feature of Apple’s.

So the choices you have are to link, and have Finder open, or to attach the file, in which case you can open it from Agenda (it is in the sandbox), but then it is not the same file as on the hard disk.

Sorry I can’t offer more. That is Apple’s system.

Kind regards,
Drew

…based on this and experimentation I gather that after a file is attached it cannot be edited anymore, correct? For instance, if I attach a text document it becomes a file within Agenda no longer associated with what I just dragged from disk (that’s fine as Agenda can serve as a storage of its own). However, I will not be able to continue working on this file, editing it, even if Agenda is my chosen storage location for this file. The only way is to link instead of attaching. …is my understanding correct on this?

That’s correct.

My approach is to open the file from Agenda, and when I save, MacOS prompts me to save it as a different file (since the original file from Agenda is locked). Then I attach that newly-saved file to Agenda.

Personally I really like this: I know that any files attached in Agenda are safe, and can’t be inadvertently modified. It does mean a couple extra steps if I do in fact want to modify an Agenda attachment.

1 Like

That’s indeed the rationale. At the same time we would like to make it easier to edit attachments down the road, in a way it’s clear that you would then replace the attachment.

1 Like

Is there a way to set the default setting when inserting attachments as “inline” instead of “full width”? Driving me bonkers changing every attachment. Thanks!

2 Likes

Not at this point, no. We will consider this as a future feature. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

:thinking: Storage capacity is limited by my iCloud Storage free?

Yes, Agenda’s files, attachments, and data is stored in your personal iCloud storage and counts against your personal iCloud drive quota. This also means you are the only person who can access your files and they are not stored on our servers.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Linking to cloud files

I signed for premium account to support this excellent team of Agenda!

1 Like